Monday, October 13, 2008

And my blog will be about...

Like the majority of my colleagues I will begin my first post by explaining that I never had any intention of starting my own blog. This all came about as part of "homework" assignment by our CEO and like everyone else I had no clue what to write about, until this evenings commute.

Since NJ made it illegal to talk or text while driving, I find myself doing a lot of thinking on my commutes to and from the office. Often times brainstorming ideas for work or trying to figure out why all of the sports teams I like suck (something I am sure you will hear plenty of in upcoming posts). This evenings brainstorm revolved around ideas for this very blog. After turning down possibility after possiblity I was interrupted by the honking of car in the 15mph traffic I was stuck in. I looked to my left at the middle aged woman driving a black Impala looking right back at me. Since she honked at me, and it wasn't one of those get out of the effing way honks, I thought maybe I knew her somehow or possibly she was just a cougar looking for her next prey. Okay not a cougar, so I must know her right? So I waved.

I realized about 3.5 seconds too late that the honking came from a commercial on the radio and the "cougar" waved back her middle finger and looked away in disgust. It was at that instant I knew what my blog would be about - uncomfortable situations or perfectly comfortable situations that I manage to make awkward.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Best blog I have read so far!

Anonymous said...

Joseph,

A friend of a friend sent me a link to your blog. Wow that is funny. Next time blow a kiss at that Cougar and rev your engine. As a former Cougar (I am now 43 years old), I would have loved this situation. I'm a retired kitty-cat but if this happened in traffic I would have no choice but to pounce!! ;)

-Samantha JJ

The Kamienski Chronicles said...

Rrrr. If I wasn't married, I would be all over you. That is sexual harassment and another awkward situation you can write about.